The Parc des Princes, in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, France was originally a velodrome, the finish of the Tour de France from its start in 1903 until the track’s demolition. It is now the 48,712-seat home of football team Paris Saint-Germain (PSG).
It was the national stadium until the Stade de France was built for the 1998 FIFA World Cup. The Parc des Princes stadium and grounds are owned by the City of Paris. The name Parc des Princes (“Princes’ Park”) was given to the surrounding area during the 18th century, when it was a forest used by the royal family for hunting.
- 24 rue du Commandant Guilbaud, 75016 Paris, France
- Website: www.psg.fr
- Capacity of 48,712